Knowledge is power
Check back often for more helpful information from First American Bank.
MasterCard Secure Code
If you are making a purchase and MasterCard is asking for a Secure Code, click here to obtain your code.
Download our app today and be able to electronically deposit checks! To learn more click here for our Mobile Banking FAQ.
To learn more about our Internet Banking click here for our FAQ.
How to protect yourself from Fraud
To take the necessary steps to protect yourself from fraud it is important to review your monthly and/or online statements carefully and call us immediately if you see any suspicious activity. For more information and helpful tips click the links below:
- How to use your card safely and securely
- Dos and Don'ts - Protect yourself from fraud
- Federal Trade Commission's ID Theft Brochure containing information about protecting yourself from identity theft.
It’s never too late to ensure your safety when shopping online.
We have six easy tips for you to follow to protect yourself against identity theft. Click here to read how to safely make your online purchases. We want nothing more to than to help our customers stay safe and financially protected at all times during the holiday. And remember, these online shopping tips are helpful year around!
Traveling out of the country and planning on using your debit card? Read our piece on Travel Info to find out how you can protect yourself. Please note: for your security, we do not authorize foreign transactions without prior knowledge of your travel plans. Contact a personal banker today to prepare for your international vacation at 715.381.8330
Lost or stolen card? Call 715.381.8330 during business hours; 1.800.253.0069 after hours.
Additional information & links regarding Equifax Data Breach:
- https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html --- Check to see if your information may have been compromised.
- https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2017/09/equifax-data-breach-what-do --- Additional information from Federal Trade Commission
- https://www.fa-bank.net/assets/files/jCN9LCAk/2017/05/08/pdf-0014-identity-theft.pdf - Identity Theft Protection information. This can be found on the First American Bank website 24/7 under Resources > Helpful Information.
More Helpful Information
- The latest version of FDIC's Consumer News is here and features information about small business:
FDIC Winter 2012 Consumer News
- Beginning January 1, 2012, banks will no longer sell paper savings bonds. If you currently hold paper savings bonds, you may still redeem them at financial institutions. Read more here.
- Avoid becoming a victim of Phishing: OCC Phishing Brochure
- The IRS features helpful information for small businesses and self-employed individuals.
- Businesses are required to make their tax payments electronically. Learn more here.
- First American Bank has worked successfully with the SBA to help small businesses obtain funding. Read more here: http://www.sba.gov.