On this page:
- FAB Quest - Medallion Hunt
- COVID-19 - Bank Updates
First American Bank Merger to Hiawatha National Bank:
Attention all FAB Quest Seekers!
- Starting on Saturday, August 15th, we will be posting a task surrounding the Pepper Fest Medallion Hunt for the next 4 days.
- Tasks will be posted on this page, along with a printable version, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- On Thursday, August 20th, by 12:00 am, please submit ALL your findings to FABEvent@fa-bank.net and you will be entered into a drawing.
- We will choose 5 random winners who completed all tasks successfully to win $200 each(1)*.
- First and last name
- Phone number
WAIT - there's more! We will be having a coloring contest for kids ages 12 and under.
- A parent or guardian of 18 years or older, will be required to submit the child's final coloring page to FABEvent@fa-bank.net where we will randomly choose 5 kids to win $5 each (2)*.
- This event is in place of the Mini Medallion Sawdust Hunt. Coloring pages will be posted on this page for you to print or you can pick them up at our bank drive-up during business hours.
We will will be posting further instructions the week of August 10th. The start of the Medallion Hunt tasks and the coloring pages will be posted on Saturday August 15th.
(1)One winner per household.
(2)Only one coloring page submitted per child.
* Please understand by submitting your findings that you are giving First American Bank and North Hudson Pepper Fest authorization to post/share your name and submission pictures on social media and our websites.
FAB Quest Medallion Hunt 2020 Update (6/12/2020)
FAB Quest Medallion Hunters –
After some back and forth, the decision has been made to cancel the 2020 FAB Quest Medallion Hunt that takes place during North Hudson Pepper Fest. There are many moving parts involved in planning the FAB Quest Medallion Hunt and unfortunately, this year COVID-19 makes up some of those parts. We are in agreement with the North Hudson Pepper Fest Board of Directors regarding the risks and uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and we will be taking the necessary steps to keep our community safe and healthy.
But turn that frown upside down because the HEAT IS STILL ON! Although the physical hunt will be cancelled, we have transformed the “Medallion Hunt” so you can do it from your own home, yard, or wherever you feel comfortable! This hunt allows your whole family to participate and get into the Pepper Fest spirit. We are very excited and can’t wait to share all the fun details regarding this new Hunt.
This is not the news we had hoped to share, but we know you will have fun participating in our new transformed “Medallion Hunt” this year.
~First American Bank
- First American Bank's lobby will be closed effective March 18, 2020 until further notice.
- Our drive up and night drop will remain open, and we remain fully staffed so we can assist you with banking needs via e-mail or phone.
- For more information on our banking tips listed below, check out our Home page or Helpful Information page.
- Loan information for Small Businesses >> Click here.
- Click here << for a printout of the letter below.
- For more information on COVID-19, please visit:
Q. Why is First American Bank being sold?
Q. Who is Lake Shore III Corporation?
Q. Who is Hiawatha National Bank?
Q. Will First American Bank's name change?
Q. How will the sale impact me?
Q. When will the sale take place?
Q. How will my First American Bank account(s) be affected?
Q. Will my account number(s) and bank's routing number change?
Q. How do I contact First American Bank or a banker if I have questions?
We encourage you to carefully review the features and requirements of your accounts, making certain they meet your banking needs. Below is the information regarding the conversion of systems and how it might impact you.
Thursday, August 20th | Bill Pay is disabled on First American Bank Internet Banking at 4:00 PM
Friday, August 21st | First American Bank Internet Banking transfers disabled at 2:00 PM
Sunday, August 23rd | First American Bank Internet Banking is disabled and will not be available after 11:59 PM
Monday, August 24th | Hiawatha National Bank Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Bill Pay are enabled at www.hnbank.com
PRIOR TO AUGUST 24, 2020
- Electronic Statement Recipient | Print or save previous statements for reference
- First American Bank Bill Pay user | Print your payees for easy access to them when setting up Hiawatha National Bank Internet Banking
First American Bank Internet Banking user with recurring transfers | Print or save recurring transfers so they can be set up again in Hiawatha National Bank's Internet Banking
HOURS OF OPERATION
1. Will the hours of operation change?
Drive Up Hours:
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM - Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
DEPOSIT ACCOUNT INFORMATION
2. Will there be changes to my account?
3. Will the bank's routing number change?
4. Will my deposit account numbers remain the same:
5. Will my transactions process as they do today?
6. Will I need to replace my current checks?
7. Can I continue to use my current savings and deposit and withdrawal tickets?
8. How will transactions post to my checking and savings accounts?
9. Is interest calculated the same for interest-bearing checking, money market and statement savings accounts at Hiawatha national Bank?
10. When will I receive my next statement?
11. When will I receive statements for my savings account?
12. Will I continue to receive my checking account statement at approximately the same time each month?
13. Will I continue to receive eStatements?
14. Will I continue to receive check images?
15. What do I need to do to ensure that my direct deposit and automatic payments continue?
16. If I have an automatic transfer set up, will it continue to work, and when will it take place if it's a weekend or a holiday?
17. Will my current overdraft protection still be available at First American Bank?
If you use an overdraft line of credit to cover your overdrafts, your current credit limit will transfer and that service will continue.
CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT AND INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS
18. How do I renew my Certificate of Deposit (CD) or Individual Retirement Account (IRA)?
19. How often will I receive statements for my CD and IRA accounts?
20. Will I continue to receive interest checks/electronic deposits periodically, as I do now?
21. Is interest for CDs and IRAs calculated differently at Hiawatha National Bank?
22.Will I receive an annual notice regarding my required minimum IRA distribution?
23. Will the Bank continue to submit state tax withholding when I make withdrawals from my CD/IRA?
Hiawatha National Bank does not transmit state tax withholding on behalf of our clients. The process of submitting individual state tax withholding payments is simple! For more information, please go to the Minnesota Department of Revenue website at www.revenue.state.mn.us/ or call 800-570-3329, or Wisconsin Department of Revenue website at www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/home.aspx.
HOME EQUITY AND LOAN INFORMATION
24. Will my loan/Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) account number and/or payment method remain the same?
25. Will loan payments post the same date as received?
26. Will I need to mail my loan payment to a different address?
27. Will my personal or business overdraft line of credit accounts remain the same?
28.Will I receive my Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) statements at the same time every month?
29. My loan payment is automatically deducted from my deposit account. Will this continue to occur?
Yes, automatic loan payments will continue to occur.
DEBIT AND ATM CARDS
30. Can I continue to use my First American Bank debit and/or ATM card?
31. When will I be able to use my new Hiawatha debit card?
32. What should I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?
33. What is the difference between a usage fee and a surcharge fee?
34. Will I still receive an ATM Refund when using my bank debit card?
35. Where are Hiawatha National Bank ATM's located?
36. When I log in on August 24th, will I see my recent transaction history?
37. When is the last day I can log in to First American Bank's Internet Banking before conversion?
38. When is the last day I can log in to First American Bank's Internet Banking and make a transfer before conversion?
39. When is the last day I can log in to First American Bank's Bill Pay before the conversion?
40. I currently use Online Bill Pay. Will my payees transfer to Hiawatha national Bank?
41. How will my Online Bill Payments be processed during system conversion weekend?
42. I currently use eStatements. Will my prior statements be available?
43. I currently sue Internet Banking Recurring Transfers. Will my recurring transactions transfer to Hiawatha National Bank?
44. If I use Quicken or QuickBooks will my current information still be available after the integration?
45. When can I enroll in Hiawatha National Bank's Internet Banking and Bill Pay?
46. Where can I find more information regarding the conversion of Internet Banking?
Please call (715) 381-8330 for further questions regarding Internet Banking and view helpful tips listed below.
INTERNET BANKING - CASH MANAGEMENT AND REMOTE DEPOSIT
47. I have questions regarding my Internet Banking Cash Management access - who should I contact?
48. If I currently utilize Remote Deposit, who do I contact with questions or technical support needs?
If you are currently utilizing Remote Deposit, your software system will update. You will be able to keep utilizing the same scanner. you will continue to call (715) 381-8330 for questions and technical support.
FDIC INSURANCE INFORMATION
49. Will my deposits continue to be insured by the FDIC?
50. What is the current amount of FDIC insurance coverage?
51. Where can I get more information about FDIC coverage?
The FDIC has developed a tool called EDIE the Estimator to calculate whether you are within the FDIC coverage limits at amy FDIC-insured bank. This calculator is easy to use and is available at the FDIC website. Before you begin, identify all the deposit accounts that you have. Then just follow the simple steps on EDIE to calculate your coverage. For additional information regarding FDIC insurance coverage, we encourage you to visit the FDIC website at www.fdic.gov or call 1-877-ASK-FDIC.
Winter 2014 - Learn more about the Merger, Target's data breach, First American Bank's Business Corner and more!